VTL5C1 alternatives for channel switching

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what would be a best alternatives to VTL5C1 opto switches used in Soldano amps?
Would this available part NSL-32SR3 be a drop in replacement?
Also browsing the internet I found some drawings using 8-legged couplers there, but cant get any information on which exactly? Here is a fragment of the schematics attached.

Of course people are switching to relays, but heard you would need to do some muting in order to eliminate clicks.
Thanks!

Attachments

• slo_switch.png
    slo_switch.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 109
I have been using these surplus devices in my vacuum tube amp, compressor, and music synthesizer circuits for a few years.

They are probably reject parts that don't meet the full specs since there is a pretty wide variation from part to part. I have not tried them in a channel switching application like Soldano does, but these are cheap, and until Sunday they are real cheap, like 25 cents each.

Last time they had them on sale I got a box full and I just try a few until I get some that work in my design.

G15396D - FLASH SALE! (Pkg 12) Audio Opto Coupler

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.