Moding the Epiphone Les Paul Special VE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In past I modded a Epi Les Paul Special II LTD edition and now it is with my cousin , She thinks it sounds better than her friends fender costing over $1200.
More over it is lighter and easier to carry.

I am thinking to get back into playing guitar again, Please don't tell me buy a better guitar. I am Les Paul fan and their is no lighter guitar than Special VE under $700 range. Les Paul Junior is extremely hard to play so out of question.

In Rock n Roll for jumping around , either grow muscle or get a lighter instrument. Later seems more favorable to me. By the way cherry sunburst looks cool.
Buy Epiphone Les Paul Special VE Edition 6-String Electric Guitar Online | Bajaao

Here is what i used it in past for upgrade of Special II , Same will go here:-

GraphTech PT606000 TUSQ XL Black Self-Lubricating Slotted Nut, Epiphone Style
Seymour Duncan SH-2N Jazz Pickup (Neck)
Seymour Duncan SH13 Humbucker Pickup (Bridge)

But i need Grover Rotomatic tuner for this guy, stock tuners are not bad but they cannot retain tuning. I think its a 8mm hole. Last time i drilled the holes but this time i want to avoid drilling around.

Any one can suggest me some good 8mm tuner? Any other suggestion?

Last edited:
Those are really good project guitars. The quality of construction is there and just doing some upgrades like that can make it a great guitar for the price. I would check out Gotoh SD510 tuners, they have a 8.1mm bushing. Good quality vs price. Enjoy your building!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.