1970's Vintage New Zealand Alron rejuvenate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi srh, there are four transistors, two TO-92s and two TO-220s

The TO-220s mounted on the heatsinks are BD262 and BD263,
while the TO-92s are BC317B and BC320B. Pics are attached.

Thanks for the offer.

Attachments

• BD262.jpg
    BD262.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 78
  • BD263.jpg
    BD263.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 77
  • BC317B.jpg
    BC317B.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 83
  • MotorolaBC320B.jpg
    MotorolaBC320B.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 76
Gosh, they're pushing those little guys hard to get 50W [emoji33]
Everything in NZ audio manufacturing in the 1970s was about extracting a quart out of a pint pot. I should know as I worked in the design dept of Consolidated Electronic Industries (Bell) in Dominion rd. If a cent could be shaved off the build cost of a product, it was. Designed by engineers, redesigned by accountants. Most NZ transistor products were awful, though some of the earlier valve stuff (Jansen guitar amps spring to mind) was rather good and retains value today.
M

schematic

Hi srh,

Thank so much for the amazing effort!

I am impressed with the professional presentation and detail...

Do you have any ideas to improve this amp without compromising its authenticity or its character?
I haven't played through it long enough to know the strengths and weaknesses - but while i have it apart and a box full of caps, resistors, inductors and potentiometers.....your schematic is giving me ideas :)

Thank you again for the time and effort invested in supporting me with this project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.