Roland JC-120

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Roland JC-120 (serial# 728284) that Has a relatively loud 60Hz buzz through the speakers. Also, no audio. None of the fuses are blown. I need the correct repair manual for that version. Also if anyone has any suggestions on what may be wrong, I'd really appreciate it. I'm thinking rectifier diodes or filter caps. The bridge rectifiers in this version are individual diodes as opposed to a single bridge rectifier brick.

Thanks,
Ron

* edit: Bridge rectifier diodes and Filter caps all test okay.

Last edited:
Check rectifier / caps and for loose ground wire / solder pads connections.
No audio mixed with the buzz ?

Schematics from google search attached

Attachments

• JC-120_s-n 380100-- 410599.jpg
    JC-120_s-n 380100-- 410599.jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 267
Check rectifier / caps and for loose ground wire / solder pads connections.
No audio mixed with the buzz ?

Thanks very much for the schematic! I checked all of the rectifier diodes along with the 3300uFd filter caps on the power supply board and they all test okay. There is no audio mixed with the buzz. Also, the buzz does not sound like the hum from a bad ground. I'm thinking it may be the output transistors except from my experience that would cause a fuse to blow and the fuses are all good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.