Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Eminent Omegan 7500 Weird Noise Problem
Eminent Omegan 7500 Weird Noise Problem
Eminent Omegan 7500 Weird Noise Problem Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th February 2020, 01:09 PM   #1
Osvald is offline Osvald  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Eminent Omegan 7500 Weird Noise Problem

Hello friends, newbie here.

I got old Eminent organ. The pedals donít work and a few dodgy notes here and there on certain settings. But that's not the main problem. Every few minutes there's this low freq sweeping sine wave appears out of nowhere for a few seconds, followed by white noise hiss and it disappears again. I was about to take this organ to my local chapel. Good thing I discovered this problem before that.
I did the only thing I can, that is disconnected everything that can be easily disconnected.
I came to a conclusion that this anomaly comes from the expression board as you can see in the video there is nothing else left in there, other than the amp.
I dont even know where to begin, what to check. I have a multimeter and a soldering iron, thats about it.
any help, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Old 4th February 2020, 01:11 PM   #2
Osvald is offline Osvald  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Here is another clip, sounds like a demon trying to escape. Scary.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Old 4th February 2020, 01:42 PM   #3
Kay Pirinha is online now Kay Pirinha  Germany
diyAudio Member

About two years ago I bought an old Hammond Concorde organ. It also makes strange noise immediately when powered on and with no key depressed. I know from issues with PCB contacts that most probably are the cause, but I decided to get it scrapped some day and salavge just the manuals, pedal contacts and drawbar assemblies, perhaps also the speakers.
Best regards!

Eminent Omegan 7500 Weird Noise ProblemHide this!Advertise here!