Bias adjustment on an old hohner Orgaphon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys
I do appreciate this forum and i m looking for some help on an Orgaphon 33. My amp is in a very nice condition. But there is an hum which increase with the volume. I also catch a radio chanel on the third Chanel.
Some one told me i have to make some bias adjustment.
What do you think ?

Hum increase with volume, and radio have nothing to do with bias.

Radio stations usually mean a poor ground at the input. Hum can also mean the same thing. Loosen the jack nuts, move them around a little in the hole, especially move any star washers to a slightly different position, then snug up the nuts again. ANy help? We were trying to refresh the surface contact between the jack and the chassis.

Hello Enzo
Thanks very much for that i ve cleaned my ground with a contact spray (because it is impossible to access without dismount Numbers of components). Now it is great but at hight volume i ve got an ugly sound of cracking. Particularly in the low frequency with a guitar.
The chassis is non screwed on the amp as i m making tests.

Hi, I worked on an concertophon some time ago, and it also had a loud hum. Is yours one of those Hohner amps with two chassis, one for preamp and one for the power amp? Mine hada a bad connection between chassis.

Another thing is that some of those came with that plastic DIN input connectors. The first thing one would do is change them to normal jacks, but then you have ground loops between inputs. In this case,you just want one of the jacks to touch the chassis.

The cracking is probably a bad coupling capacitor or resistor. Check if you have any paper capacitor or the brown WIMAs. They go bad after some years. The bad resistors are hard to spot. Unless they used some really bad ones, was what not the case in my amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.