high pitch noise coming from my diy tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, I recently built a tiny terror clone (for a work in my university). The results were really good, but some connections were not that sturdy, so I decided to buy new wires and redo all the wiring that connect the main board to the tube sockets. After that, the connections were better placed. When it was finally over, I turned it on and with low gains it sounded good, but as the gain goes up, it produced a high pitch noise. First I thought that maybe it was because of pre amp tubes, I replaced them but still I got the same noise. I measure the voltages and it’s ok. I try the amp without the guitar and I still got the same problem. When I short the input jack the noise goes away.

I’ll take a picture. I had some improvements. Today I decided to redo the wiring againg, and after that I got the same problem, which was very frustrating. BUT, I noticed that when I touched the first pre amp tube the noise changed (I already tried another tube so I know the tube is fine), so I started to touch the components with a wood stick (again). I got no changes while touching the components but when I moved the wire that goes into the first grid (right after the 68k resistor) the noise changed, so I started moving that wire arround until the noise changed from a squeal to a hum, and then I started to get some sound out of the amp. I could be because the wire is close to the power transformer?

Attachments

• P_20190826_174655.jpg
    P_20190826_174655.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 92
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.