Condor Cabsim vs Multicab

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PCB

Well, Multicab Sim in progress... :D

Attachments

• multicab.jpg
    multicab.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 220
Nice! BTW there is a second version with even more knobs called OmniCab Sim that was developed by the same person, but I think four knobs would be more than enough in this case..
What type of preamp do you have in mind?

Yes, but the second version schematic is not public. Anyway the first version looks pretty enough.

For the preamp, I am curious about the SansAmp [1], It has a lot of options but maybe it overlaps too much with the SimpleCab. My other option is to combine some modules from runoffgroove.com I like the idea to assemble various independent modules and test different combinations.

[1] tonepad -- FX projects

Yes I agree that there may be too much crossover between the cab sim of the Sans Amp and the Multi-Cab. Runoffgroove has some good amp in a box preamp solutions, and would be fun to try with different front ends. In case you are interested, just for comparing cab sim functions have a look at the Unicab project at pedalpcb.com
Cheers

That one apparently is "comparable to" the Omnicab, Don't know if it's an exact replica or not, really. For a built in cab sim maybe 6 knobs is too much? I haven't tried it though, but have tried a sans-amp, through a PA. It was OK but I think you get more dial in options with the Simcab.

Hello friends, I have finally built the MultiCab. It works in terms of signal shaping, but I have a lot of hiss (rain noise). If it weren't for the noise it would be perfect. The pcb corresponds 100% with the original DIYstompboxes.com schematic.

What can you recommend to solve the noise problem?

Many Thanks.

Attachments

• 20191012_115225.jpg
    20191012_115225.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 243
Looking at the schematic I would :
- put a 100nF - 220nF cap acros the op-amp supply, it's quite common practice

- I don't like how the Vcc/2 reference voltage is made (R7 - R10), any noise from the power supply is fed through the amp, I would use two resistors, say 22 k to form a partitor to obtain Vcc/2, shunt the "lower "resistor with a 47uF, the Vcc/2 obtained goes to R7 feeding the op amp non inverting input, R10 is removed

Ok Folks, taking into account the suggestions from Tesla88 and Shanx, I will try this little modified version. Attached the schematic, If you see any errors, I will appreciate your corrections; otherwise, It will be available here for potential new builders.

Thank you!

Attachments

• multicab.svg.png
    multicab.svg.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 312
I forgot to ask if you're using a 9V battery or a ac/dc adaptor to supply the circuit, I discovered lately some ac/dc adaptors that produce a large ammount of noise, they are SMPS, the bass player in my band has one and can't get rid of the noise from his Boss compressor stomp box when using that kind of ac/dc adaptor.

So I suggest you to try the unit first with a 9V battery

Regards

I forgot to ask if you're using a 9V battery or a ac/dc adaptor to supply the circuit, I discovered lately some ac/dc adaptors that produce a large ammount of noise, they are SMPS, the bass player in my band has one and can't get rid of the noise from his Boss compressor stomp box when using that kind of ac/dc adaptor.

So I suggest you to try the unit first with a 9V battery

Regards

All my tests were done with 9v battery. I know adaptors are noisy. I always test with batteries first for the same reasons you describe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.