Blackstar HT Stage 100 with blown power tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys.
So someone brought me a Blackstar HT Stage 100W amp head for repair.
He said that he was playing it when suddenly it made a pop-pop sound, and then he immediately turned it off.
After first checking, I found that one of the EL34 power tubes quit its job (thought it doesn't show any signs of fog inside) ... I also changed a 12AX7 tube that tested "not sooo good" on my tube tester.
Other than that, I have not taken out any of the PCBs.
Is there anything I should pay special attention to as for why the EL34 stopped working in the first place?
Does anyone have a service manual or at least the schematics for this amp? I cannot find them anywhere online.
Is it possible to run this amp on just 2 EL34s, instead of 4 tubes? If so, which ones can I take out? How is the bias setting for running on 2 tubes?
By the way: Since is says "Designed and Engineered ..." on the back of the amp but not "Manufactured" or "Assembled", and based on my observations of its PCBs, I assume it was made in China. Am I correct?
A 1000 thanks for your help.

I got it working again. Seems that actually nothing was wrong with this amp.
I put in an EL34 that I borrowed from a Buguera amp and hooked it up to a 212 cabinet. Calibrated the bias as close to 100 mV as I can get, almost on the spot (it fluctuates little, maybe its power lines in my house...), and it sounds great.
Now I have to wait until the owner gets a new set of quad-matched EL34s and return my EL34 to its rightful amp.
Thanks for your help...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.