The one valve guitar amp is dead, so ....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Trouble is, each amp seems to generate just enough leftovers to tempt you to start another amp. This Toolbox Twin is going to a friend's recording studio. I hope it does him proud.

Meanwhile I have an OPT, some valve sockets, a turret strip and a pair of numbered guitar Tone and Volume knobs left over.

I'm looking at a wood 1950s radio thinking - how cool would that look as a small guitar amp...

And here's the set of pictures to show the old toolbox turning into an amp..

Pete

Attachments

• Toolbox history.jpg
    Toolbox history.jpg
    857 KB · Views: 77
And here's the set of pictures to show the old toolbox turning into an amp..

Pete
It looks like there is some nice thick solid wood under the scarred surface of that toolbox, too.

I've seen pictures of a few "suitcase guitar amp" builds, usually using a suitcase found in the attic or thrift-store. Those are usually made of flimsy hardboard or plastic, and lack some of the charm of your antique wooden toolbox.

Nice project!

-Gnobuddy

Yes, the toolbox frame is three quarter inch pine. The front panel is only quarter inch but it's mostly speakers. I had to reinforce the rear plywood but in general it is rattle free.

The next project (a 4x6inch baseman in a Dansette record player) is more challenging. It turns out the lid and base are very thin to keep the weight down. I am working out ideas before I get the router out...

Pete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.