Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Tube head crackle and pop after warm up
Tube head crackle and pop after warm up
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th July 2019, 03:29 PM   #41
mondogenerator is online now mondogenerator  England
diyAudio Member

Well the screen resistors check out ok 😀

They are RCD types, which I think are flame proof wirewpund resistors, and they are all exceptionally close to 470R (I dont know what tolerance they should be but they match better than 1%)

Looks like it must've been the little bit of oxidation on the tube or sockets, as I have still not been able to provoke the amp into popping again (yay!)

Tube head crackle and pop after warm upHide this!Advertise here!