Advice on guitar speaker 4xCelestion BL10-100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Am I understand you correct that with proper guitar amp the box will be Ok and there are no easy way to correct box for the driver that is not that good for guitar?

Any speaker in any casing will make a sound.

The distortion requirements for bass vs guitar is different. There's no way to eq that.

In general: Use bass speakers for bass guitar, use guitar speakers for guitar.

4x10"is the default speaker setup for bass.

The vast majority of bass players use them.
Who cares? I have yet to hear one I'd spend money on, or time and effort to build (and I have a quad of Ampeg 10's in my storage).

The Fender P bass is also the 'default' bass for a majority of players. I've owned several of varying vintages (and J's), and don't like the way they play, sound or feel. I'd rather my $A50 Ibanez, or better still my Peavey T40 which does a good enough job emulating a large variety of other instruments, it's good enough to play on stage for most stuff. Heavy though.
Better still, get an Alembic Series and the powerful EQ will allow you to make it sound like just about any other bass once you get the knack of it.

In my long experience, most musicians are sheep and only want to play what their heroes play, not really look beyond the generic.

Last edited:
Hi,
skipping the holy war.

We have on hand 1 Celestion driver and option to buy 3 and build 4x10.

We can sell it and buy 2x12 with Fane Ascension F90.

Shall we consider SOVEREIGN?
SOVEREIGN 10-300 more affordable than Ascension F90...

Is 2x12 F90 any better than 4x10 Celestion?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.