Attenuate guitar signal on 3V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a few old walkmans that I'd like to use with guitar as headphone amps which are practical to use because of 3V supply but guitar signal level is to high and IC's input impedance is low and unsuited for guitar so I want to put some buffer circuit made of bipolar or fet transistors in between. It has to be on 3V also. Does any one has suggestion of such circuit?

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• Git-Walkman.gif
    Git-Walkman.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 95

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> Does the walkman circuit have

It turns out there were MANY WalkMan circuits, from the original basic to some much more complicated designs. I never knew that the later ones (MEGAbass) had the headphone shell at +1.3V from power common, and a third power amp to drive it. This one's schematic is mind-blowingly complex-- so much that -I- would forget about it and just whomp-up one of the now-common 3V headphone chips with a buffer in front.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.