Marshall JMP1 issues / OD2 Channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

i registered here, i thought you could help me out. I am from germany, so my english could be a little bit weird.

MY JMP1 OD2 Channel has issues since today. If i turn up the gain theres a loud pheep, screaming noise to hear, but on gain stage 20, 15, 10, 5, 0 there is no pheeping noise. In Area 10-15 the noise changes little bit in the tone height..

There must be a logical issue, but i cant detect it on my own.

Whats wrong here? That amp is modded after the french jmp1 article.

Thank you .

I think you mean a "beep" or "squeal" noise.

Does it happen with a guitar plugged in?

Re test JMP1 with a shorted nplug in the input, does it still squeal?

If not, but squeals with a guitar, you might have a bad guitar cable or your guitar feeds back with higher gain.

Test and post results.

IF it feeds back/squeals/oscillates on its own, no guitar involved, then it will be difficult for you to repair it on your own, it´s a very complex preamp, midi controlled, all potentiometers are replaced by variable gain integrated circuits ... not easy.

Yes it does squeal by itself, without anything plugged in. If i tick on some resistors, tone changes. But there are so many... If i blow the valve warm, the tone changes. Tube change brought nothing.

I even thought of grounding issues, but even with the board deinstalled on the table, it squeals. But not on Gain stages 0, 5, 10, 15, 20- there is no tone on this stages.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.