Using Bluetooth to send Line out to another Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
problems with this approach such as latency
Yup. To name one.

Then there's the lousy ADC/DACs that you're going to be pushing your signal through. And the interference from all the other things in the same, publicly shared bandwith.

But it's worth a try for a satellite system.
Only if you want an always-on slap echo :eek:

Stick "latency through bluetooth" in your favourite search engine. Now, if you're going to write all the drivers (etc) you might be able get that down to a usable point (what's the O/S you're going to use?)

But if you want a working wireless system, get an FM mike setup.

Last edited:
Only if you want an always-on slap echo :eek:
<snip>
...if you want a working wireless system, get an FM mike setup.
Agree on both counts.

I even tried small stand-alone Bluetooth transmitters and receivers, which I hoped would have less latency than a general-purpose PC running a badly engineered complicated operating system (cough Windows cough) that's doing a million things other than Bluetooth every second.

But no go, there was at least a tenth of a second's delay. Even more than normal slap-echo, actually, as it would take a glass wall 50 feet away to generate that long and loud a delay!

At one point circa 2013 I tried to help out a teacher friend by rigging up a microphone to the sound-card mic input of her Windows 7 PC, and running the output to a pair of powered speakers. The latency from mic input to line output was over a second. :eek: Without any Bluetooth.

Google turned up hundreds of almost identical complaints, and no solutions. Microsoft quality strikes again. :rolleyes:

-Gnobuddy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.