Overdrive Pedal worked great on breadboard but...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm not able to figure out why a simple overdrive pedal won't work now that it's off the breadboard and onto a component board. Schematic is here. Attached are both the top and back of the board. I've remeasured every component. I attach a 9v battery with the positive terminal to the red wire into the polarity protection diode and the negative to the blue wire going to the negative side of the filter cap. I've tried 3 different transistors (including 1 that I test using the process here). I've also double and triple checked continuity from the transistor legs to the solder connections at the sockets. Simply but I've got no bias voltage. I put a signal on the input, which hits the base, but the emitter and the collector show nothing on the scope. The collector has the battery's full voltage. Nothing on the emitter and nothing across the 680ohm resistor. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Joe

Attachments

• BottomBoardForEdit.jpg
    BottomBoardForEdit.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 90
  • TopBoardPaint.jpg
    TopBoardPaint.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 89
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.