OD pedal turned fizzy after rolling opamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I recently received a Biyang OD8 pedal which is a Tube Screamer clone with some additional features. One of the additional features is the ability to exchange the opamp. It even comes with 2 additional ones to experiement with.

OD-8 | BIYANG

I played for many hours and was very pleased with it driving my diy amp. Having become familiar with the sound and possibilities, I decided it was time to exchange the opamp for one of the other two that were included.

The result was not very pleasing. There was a layer of fizz beneath the tones and soft and decaying notes end in a farty way. I went back to the original opamp but the problem remains...

Obviously, I checked the battery but it's still over 9V (the led is also still very bright). I also it with a different guitar and a different amp but no joy...

The opamp socket feels very sturdy and the opamp is seated well (and I reseated it a few times but no change).

Does anyone have a clue what could be the issue?

Check the voltages on the pins to make sure they are correct.

Thanks for the suggestion and it sounds as the most sensible next step.

However, I just reseated the original opamp again (JRC 4558D) and was about to look for a data sheet but wanted to give it another try. It's now perfect again. Maybe something in there needed a half an hours rest...

I guess I will leave it in there as I love it as it is..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.