Adding line out to Wurlitzer tube circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, been a while.

I'm about to rebuild this circuit and wanted to try some improvements. Are there any glaring areas that could be improved upon?

The existing audio output is a speaker level signal. Where/how would be the best way to take an output earlier in the signal chain (while retaining the tremolo circuit)? Otherwise if not possible, am I stuck with a voltage divider on the output?

I'm keeping the 6CA4 input cap at 50uf, but would it be OK to up the 3x20uf filters to 3x30uf as I have a CE can on hand?

Thanks!
adam

Attachments

• Wurli 145.jpg
    Wurli 145.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
No way, at least not without sacrifying the tremolo, as it works on the output tubes via resistors R12, R13. You'll need a voltage divider.
Do you want to drive a Leslie speaker? There are models that were designed especially for this, e.g the 142 and 147's.
Best regards!

I have space on the chassis to remove the phono input and install a volume pot, would a 1meg resistor off the hot OT tap in series with a 100k pot do the trick?
Please do not put a volume pot on the plate or B+ as there's high voltage there. The most common place is just before the second triode at the grid.

A line out like the firezog would be great to put on the hot OT tap but be sure to use a dummy load

Firezog%20also%20try%2010k%20with%205k%20pot.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.