Diy midi controller

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have the most basic Roland electric drum kit. I bought a Yamaha electric kick pedal to use with it, but ended up having to sacrifice a tom to use it ( the midi brain doesn’t accept single hit type pedals for the kick drum.

I like to solder to make pcbs and stuff; so I’m wondering if it’s possible to construct some diy device that could take the output from the electric kick pedal and turn it into a midi value which I could transfer to my computer via USB or something.

Warm Regards,
Aidan.

Hi all,

I have the most basic Roland electric drum kit. I bought a Yamaha electric kick pedal to use with it, but ended up having to sacrifice a tom to use it ( the midi brain doesn’t accept single hit type pedals for the kick drum.

I like to solder to make pcbs and stuff; so I’m wondering if it’s possible to construct some diy device that could take the output from the electric kick pedal and turn it into a midi value which I could transfer to my computer via USB or something.

Warm Regards,
Aidan.

A Teensy Arduino compatible microcontroller can do that and much more. It's a class compliant USB MIDI device thus requires no drivers. There're examples available to help you on your way, on the Teensy website there's a page with instructions how to download and install Teensyduino.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.