Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

12BK5 Hybrid Amp
12BK5 Hybrid Amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2019, 05:07 AM   #31
SHarris64 is offline SHarris64  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hello, I just acquired a Westinghouse console radio with this chassis (8HFC5). I have not been unable to locate a schematic for it either. I was wondering if you have had any luck in that department.
Thanks, Stephen.
Old 21st May 2019, 11:59 AM   #32
Printer2 is offline Printer2  Canada
diyAudio Member

No, no luck.
Old 9th June 2019, 07:36 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

$25, mouse droppings no charge. P-P El84's and a EF

Click the image to open in full size.

https://elektrotanya.com/PREVIEWS/63..._sch.pdf_2.png

A pair of EL84's and a EF86 and the OT. And funky speakers if you are into that. Looks like ultralinear OT.

Last edited by Printer2; 9th June 2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10th June 2019, 01:27 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

So the rest of the haul. Skipping the PT, I have enough and it is a crappy style. The two are 8" side firing speakers and the little one is the tweeter.

Old 12th June 2019, 04:09 AM   #35
Gnobuddy is offline Gnobuddy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printer2 View Post
$25, mouse droppings no charge.
Those are made-in-North-America NOS vintage mouse droppings from the golden era of tube electronics. They have got to be worth a lot by now!

There's even a famous precedent, by Italian artist Piero Manzoni: How Piero Manzoni Turned Cans Of Poop Into $300,000 Pieces Of Art

A thought: perhaps ask a moderator to re-name this thread to something like "Bargain vintage electronics finds!"? You might get more interest and appropriate responses from other people with the name change. I'm sure there are plenty of other pack-ra...ahem, enthusiasts out there scrounging for, and finding, vintage electronics too!

-Gnobuddy
Old 12th June 2019, 02:10 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

The finds have seemed to take a life of their own. If I knew I would be finding a bunch I would have started a new thread. I still want to get on the 12BK5 amp, it has been sitting on my living room table since.

My time has been diverted on other things, one getting these radios and taking them apart. The other is my grow endeavors. Because of pain issues I tried CBD and found it helped. The price has come down some but at the time I thought I could do just as well myself and got my medical grow certificate. I have been building a little grow area and am putting together some LED lighting for it. That and searching the net to find out what I am doing wrong with my plants has been taking up a lot of my time. Seems the strain of high CBD low THC plant I have is finicky. In another three months I should know what I end up with.
Old 12th June 2019, 10:37 PM   #37
Gnobuddy is offline Gnobuddy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Sorry to hear about the pain issues.

Unfortunately I am quite useless when it comes to any sort of gardening. I didn't inherit my mom's green thumbs, and any plant in my care perishes after a short and miserable life...with the sole exception of one cactus that was so hardy it survived in spite of my incompetence.

-Gnobuddy
Old 13th June 2019, 02:42 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

I am good with weeds growing out in the yard, picked a bunch tonight. Made a gate to keep undesirables out of the yard (damn meter readers).
Old 19th June 2019, 04:47 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

I promise, no more old radios. Well one more, just had to get it as a companion for the one I have.

Old 9th July 2019, 03:38 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

What can I say? I could not help myself. I originally thought the console radio/record player would be a copy of the one I picked up which had a 6K6 output tube and a 10" speaker. The speaker and the OT was decent so I took a chance again, Did not even look at it and threw it in the trunk and drove home. The speaker and transformer is a little lower in quality but still should make a reasonable champ.

6SK7 6SA7 6SK7 6SQ7 6K6GT 6X5GT

The second one is a portable radio/record player.

12SA7 12SK7 12SQ7 50L6GT 35Z5

$10 each and delivered across from my place of work so I just had to drive in today. I'll take my bike tomorrow.

12BK5 Hybrid AmpHide this!Advertise here!