12BK5 Hybrid Amp

$25, mouse droppings no charge. P-P El84's and a EF

6ajPjpM.jpg

https://elektrotanya.com/PREVIEWS/6...utomatic_7_am-fm_radio_receiver_sch.pdf_2.png

A pair of EL84's and a EF86 and the OT. And funky speakers if you are into that. Looks like ultralinear OT.

Wow, a SABA Freiburg Automatik! One of the most expensive German tabletop radios with the most guts of it's time! UL PP output, Station scanning, automatic tuning etc. Does it feature the EM71 tuning indicator tube for the '7' version, or another one?
Be careful with it's OT. About 35 years ago I've bought a '9' version of 1959 (with EM84 instead of EM71) that's got a burned primary half due to this 1nF capacitor from one EL84's plate to ground which had a full short. Unfortunately this half was the innermost one on the bobbin :mad:. I've rewound it, though, and the SABA played well for years. It is stored away at the moment.
Best regards!

> 12SA7 12SK7 12SQ7 50L6GT 35Z5

This is a transformerless HOT CHASSIS radio/amplifier.

It is unsafe with any source except the internal (insulated) phono or radio. It is especially lethal as a guitar amplifier.

I am not sure what will become with the portable radio/record player. It is cool and I figured if anything it would be interesting just to see what is inside it for $10. I thought if anything the output transformer might get used for a spring reverb and the case used as an enclosure for a mini PA with a Class D amp section. Way down on my electronic list of things do, may end up as anything but a directly line powered guitar amp. Just to be clear.

Since this thread is all over might be a good enough place to ask a quick question, don't really want to start a new thread because of it. Just wondering of the leakage from the stage leaking across a push-pull switch. I did have a three pole switch but my panel is pretty tight already and if I can get away with the push-pull it would help.

WpQlI8I.png