Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

1/4" phone jack that switches
1/4" phone jack that switches
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th January 2019, 12:51 AM   #11
PRR is offline PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

> This circuit has not been built and tested.

If I am reading the drawing right: it shoots the huge LED current right into the FX's input.

Perhaps smoking the FX input, and probably not lighting-up either.
Old 12th January 2019, 01:39 AM   #12
Gnobuddy is offline Gnobuddy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRR View Post
If I am reading the drawing right: it shoots the huge LED current right into the FX's input.
Oh what a difference a single wrong connection makes...thanks for the catch! (I "saw" the right thing in my head, of course, but unfortunately that didn't translate to where I clicked the mouse on the screen. )

Corrected version attached. LED current terminated to ground where it belongs, not to signal input into FX circuit.

In my recent builds over the last three or four years, LED current is typically 100 micro amps, or one-hundredth of the old standby 10 mA. I use LEDs rated over 5000 mcd, which combined with the usual 20 mA max current invariably means they are more than bright enough to act as an indicator at 100 uA.

-Gnobuddy
Attached Images
File Type: png schematic_00.png (18.6 KB, 13 views)

1/4" phone jack that switchesHide this!Advertise here!