Compressor/Limiter/Processor kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am looking for a general purpose compressor and or processor, diy kit . Also, a good, simple, old fashion, pumping compressor/ limiter kit

Haven’t seen any around on the usual online sellers, only commercial units.

Any suggestions please for basic, simple kits?

Hairball Audio

I can't remember which revision 1176 I built, but it's been an incredible piece for my studio. I'm not sure what you mean by "basic", but the kits themselves are easy to build even for a relative beginner.

You didn't mention what application (guitar, line level sources, etc) you intend this for? Either way, the 1176 has a ton of input gain. So much so that I've used it as a mic preamp when tracking drums. So if for a guitar, it'll work fine too.

Thanks folks for the info! I am in the EU. I am an ex film sound studio engineer and I was always fascinated with compressors . I love that hard knee level, sometimes, pumping here and there of the 60’s and 70’s pop recordings! I just want to experiment , not just with mics, but line level , not guitar, but, any af really!

The “Engineers thumb” is what I was looking for! An online retailer is selling a complete diy kit for €23! plus €11 for the box!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.