Alembic F1X Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

The F1X from what I understand has an effects loop which is the portion that I have an interest in. I have the generic Fender schematics so am good to go on that portion.

I found a F2-B schematic but it does not have the effects loop. Thus far have not been able to find anything related F1, F1X, F1??

Thanks,
Robert

I have looked and can't find one. There are reports that the tube circuit of the F-2B is wholly contained in the F-1X, but of course the F-1X has so many more connectors and mode switches that that information isn't worth much, plus how much can you trust internet anecdotes like that. Might want to try asking Alembic.

Are you trying to repair or to build one?

If the first,post some pictures, describe the problem, we might help.

If the second, a "Plan B" would be to build a regular F1 and add one of the aftermarket FX loop kits ¨*designed* for Tube Amplifier.

Logic says that anything designed or suitable for, say, a Twin Reverb ... maybe even a Plexi, should fit like a glove.

Anything designed for a Classic Tube amp which does NOT get its distortion within the preamp .

Absolute worst case, give a hard close look to what Soldano does in the SLO 100 , excellent but expensive.

Forget Mesa Boogie DR and such, you´ll go dizzy with the zillion modes and options ;)

F-1X Schematic, drawn by Ron Wickersham

pol0BlF.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.