Microphone preamplifier suitable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
... I'm weary of AliExpress quality.
Preamplifier | Aliexpress Mobile

So why are you looking on AliExpress? At a product that has fuzzy images?

ART Tube MP Studio Mic Preamp | Musician's Friend
Behringer Ultragain Pro MIC2200 | Musician's Friend
Nady PRA-8 Mic Preamp | Musician's Friend

ART still makes good stuff. I am wary of any low-price box that says "tube" but the ART will not suck.

Behringer has a poor reputation among serious users but their stuff usually works fine in light duty work, and you get great value for money.

A decent (and low-hiss!) mike preamp costs $10 today. The 8-in Nady sure is more than you asked for, but is a plain (no "tube") mike preamp with Phantom from a reputable brand.

Those links are a US shop. Prices will be different down-under. Your Rock Shop (Cuba St) will have similar gear for trial.

ART Tube MP Studio Mic Preamp | Musician's Friend

ART still makes good stuff. I am wary of any low-price box that says "tube" but the ART will not suck.
I concur. I have and use both an "ART Tube MP Project Series" microphone preamp, and a couple of ART Tube MP/C preamp/compressors.

The Tube MP/C is extremely handy for recording and live sound, the compressor is good enough to be very usable, and the compressor can be switched out for the purposes of the OP (frequency response measurements.)

-Gnobuddy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.