Zener removal?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
. That tech charged him $600 for the repair, still cheaper than a new one and an old one doesn't get wasted. .

$600 ? I get refused when I try to sell a whole working amplifier pcb for $20 on ebay !
Its down to what people think things are worth.
Sometimes a high price commands a lot of respect because if it is expensive then surely it must be good?

I get grumpy when the parts I need to replace are under all that silicone goop, the last two I repaired were like that.

Yes, there was glue on the PCB with parts underneath that I needed to replace on this amp too. PITA

$600 ? I get refused when I try to sell a whole working amplifier pcb for $20 on ebay !
Its down to what people think things are worth.
Sometimes a high price commands a lot of respect because if it is expensive then surely it must be good?

I think it's like this, you have an amp with lots of memories and has served you well for a decade. It fails. To go out and get a new one is at least $1,200 and throw out the old one with all your memories, or have the one with all your memories fixed for less than half the price. I agree $600 was steep, I was surprised. Personally I think it's a $300-400 job with all matched output devices. Not a bad deal, it's a good amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.