Best ECC83/12AX7 for Tube Mic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
EU

Thanks for the swift and helpful thoughts. To refine the question, I should have offered more perspective. So... I'm in Ireland, so EU or UK sources easier for me.
My friend at hifitubes.nl has offered me a Tele NOS ECC83 for about 150 bucks. Also a Tele NOS ECC803S for 700, LOL. But the Mic cost me only about 350 so I am wondering if there would be a transformation sonically? There are various UK, Billington, Langrex, Watford, and the German TubeDoctor offering 'Premium' new stock. On my island, a Guitar shop is offering a JJ ECC83S for about 15 bucks.

DD

Hi Lo

It is remarkably well built and Recordings done on my friend's Mark 2 version are really quite something. There are gushing reviews of these mics out there. It didn't easily make it into my studio, my other vocal mics are U67's. Not kidding. The mic rings like a bell when gently tapped, so I presume that is the stock valve. Again my friend confirms same thing. He is using a Billington Gold ECC83.
DD

Sorted. All this new flood of information arriving today from the friend. Seems the Billington Gold is a very good choice, and his Guitar Amp guy actually keeps stock of them, and is coming to Cork this week. 20 Euros. Billington are wholesalers..... So basically I am buying a not new specially non microphonic Chinese build, from a reputable dealer, tested and guaranteed. And I have heard it in action on vocals on an album I played on.
Thanks for you speedy and helpful inputs.
Best, DD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.