Jensen JT-11P-1 wiring help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im building a passive guitar splitter with a Jensen JT-11P-1 transformer. I want phase reverse and ground lift. I think I got the signal and phase rev right with red+brn (primary) and yel+org secondary. But there is also a black and a white lead (grounds?) I don’t know where to connect them and how to get the ground lift working. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For now you can leave the black and white wires unconnected. They should be insulated from each other and everything else. The center of the ground lift switch goes to the input connector ground. Be sure to use standard phone plugs not insulated ones. Of course you need a metal case.

For now you can leave the black and white wires unconnected. They should be insulated from each other and everything else. The center of the ground lift switch goes to the input connector ground. Be sure to use standard phone plugs not insulated ones. Of course you need a metal case.

I found this one. Looks like white is going to ground and black to output sleeve?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

So with ground lift it would be something like this. Correct? But then when ground is connected I will also connect black with white. Is that bad?

As shown will work. The black and white connect to foil inside the transformer to shield the windings. So when you don't ground lift it doesn't matter if they are connected.

What most folks don't know is there isn't much difference in performance if the leads are connected or not.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.