Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Jensen JT-11P-1 wiring help
Jensen JT-11P-1 wiring help
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st December 2017, 07:43 AM   #1
tyla is offline tyla
diyAudio Member

Default Jensen JT-11P-1 wiring help

Im building a passive guitar splitter with a Jensen JT-11P-1 transformer. I want phase reverse and ground lift. I think I got the signal and phase rev right with red+brn (primary) and yel+org secondary. But there is also a black and a white lead (grounds?) I donít know where to connect them and how to get the ground lift working. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 31st December 2017, 08:24 AM   #2
simon7000 is offline simon7000  United States
diyAudio Member

For now you can leave the black and white wires unconnected. They should be insulated from each other and everything else. The center of the ground lift switch goes to the input connector ground. Be sure to use standard phone plugs not insulated ones. Of course you need a metal case.
Old 31st December 2017, 08:48 AM   #3
tyla is offline tyla
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon7000 View Post
For now you can leave the black and white wires unconnected. They should be insulated from each other and everything else. The center of the ground lift switch goes to the input connector ground. Be sure to use standard phone plugs not insulated ones. Of course you need a metal case.
I found this one. Looks like white is going to ground and black to output sleeve?

So with ground lift it would be something like this. Correct? But then when ground is connected I will also connect black with white. Is that bad?
Old 31st December 2017, 12:35 PM   #4
simon7000 is offline simon7000  United States
diyAudio Member

As shown will work. The black and white connect to foil inside the transformer to shield the windings. So when you don't ground lift it doesn't matter if they are connected.

What most folks don't know is there isn't much difference in performance if the leads are connected or not.

Jensen JT-11P-1 wiring helpHide this!Advertise here!