How to test germanium output transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's alive!
Transistors came early, and I just got them installed. It sound just like before... Duh, it's the same parts... and I love it!!!
Thank you to all of you who helped. Especially Mooly. I really appreciate how you've gone the extra mile, and helped me to test and understand how this thing really works.
I feel like I made a big leap in my understanding of transistors and amplifiers.
I'll give Ltspice a shot, and see where I get!
This forum is a fantastic place to learn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's excellent, well done :up:

The first amp I ever built used two AD149 germaniums in push pull. Happy days :)
Hey!!! You were rich!!!!
The first SS one I made used *one* AD149 I(or was it an ASZ15?), it was the power amp section of a car radio, transformer coupled Class A

Strictly speaking, not an actual transformer but some kind of parafeed, collector load was a choke and joint was capacitor coupled to speaker.

Idle current must have been between 1A and 2A and transistor did run HOT, as in hand burning hot.

Boy was I proud!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.