Post Your Pics of Store-Bought Instruments/Amps Here

Editors Note:
This thread is for pics and descriptions of instruments and amps that are NOT DIY

For posting photos of your DIY Instruments and Amps go here:
Post your DIY Musical Instruments/Amps here!

End Note

Hey would anyone be interested in posting their guitars, amps, other musical instruments? Like on the other forums with the amp pics & info?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean turning this thread into a sticky, a moderator must do that.

If you mean inserting pictures, you do that for small <100KB files by using "Attach file" in the post reply editor, and for large files hosted off the forum, you use "IMG" in the vB Code area.

I'll start the ball rolling with pics of my Carvin kit guitar and my Line6 Flextone boards:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A recent purchase...

The obvious:

1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst

Just thought that I would share. I feel so dirty when I admire it alone. :)

Attachments

• gibson les paul 4.jpg
    gibson les paul 4.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,246
offroadbum said:
i like the carvin.
did you wire the pickups stock?

Yes, the pickguard comes assembled with a 5 position switch and a coil tap switch for the humbucker. One of my projects is to make a custom pickguard and put in 3 humbuckers I bought on Ebay. I like to make all mods easily reversable.

The Carvin kit is slick. When I opened up the box and saw the body, it was the first time I'd ever seen a large piece of wood without defects. I guess I should get out to the fine wood stores more often
:)

SY said:
Somewhere deep in the bowels of my garage is my old Frankenguitar. Fender pre-CBS Mustang neck, Strat body, Jaguar bridge, and some pickups spirited away from Seymour Duncan back in my Santa Barabara days. LM310-buffered outputs.

Active electronics in a surf guitar? That'll be 5 lashes for your penance. What horrors next? Electronic reverb? Air conditioning in your woody?

Sold my electric gear not too long ago:

- Fender Standard Strat, maple neck with Texas Special pickups
- Vox Cambridge 15 Pre-amp tube
- Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Full-tube
- And my pride and joy below 3-color sunburst American Texas Special Strat - Rosewood neck, Texas specials, with a SD Pearly Gates Humbucker.

Now I just strum a beat-up Epiphone PR5-E (Acoustic/Electric).

Attachments

• strat2.jpg
    strat2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 910
leadbelly said:

Active electronics in a surf guitar? That'll be 5 lashes for your penance. What horrors next? Electronic reverb? Air conditioning in your woody?

I never actually played any surf stuff. Back in the days when I did that for money, it was principally blues, with some early Jethro Tull covers (my main instrument is flute), some original stuff heavily influenced by Peter Green, and a few Grateful Dead covers just for variety.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
im for making it a sticky :)

im currently making my own custom. no pics yet, sorry. im currently playing on a monterey stage series, blue, few years old, two single coils and a humbucker, on heavy strings. i like it, but it really is a first guitar. my ex girlfriend has an identical one.

so far, the one im making will look between an ibanez and a strat. the body is queensland maple, the neck and headstock is that of a strat. probably looking at one double coil which can be split into singles (at the bridge) and one single (at the neck). thats it so far, sanding takes AGES!

neck-thru-body

hello you all!

well, here is my contribution, besides building a DAC I've been busy the last (few) years with building two guitars. Here is a pic from the latest one, almost finished so only a pic from halfway to give you an idea what it will be.

The guitar has a neck-through-body, made of maple with a ebony fretboard. 24 frets in total. The body is made of (several layers of) mahony.
Machineheads are from Gotoh (the small ones) and I've fitted a Graphtech nut on it. The elements are Seymour & Duncan (Jeff Beck at the neck and Duncan Distortion at the bridge). The bridge is from GTR.

I've builded mostly at the university where I study (Delft) where we have most of the necessary machinery (sanders, bandsaw, etc). Most of the work was to make the neck, the rounding, the rounding in the fretboard, the shape of the head, etc.
Then the body, making it fit tied, making the holes for the electronics and the elements was the other half of the work. In the end, don't underestimate the work needed to finish everything properly ;).

If I have more pictures (hopefully in a few weeks) I'll post them too,

Chris

alumitar

guitargully said:
thats a pretty crazy instrument, along with the rest of them on your site. Looks cool too...any sound files?

Nothing up online at the moment. Used to have a group in Seattle called Bakshish. We put out two cds and they're still available. On plenty of sessions with various people, including a song with Daniel Johnston that hasn't been released yet ( a cover of Bowie's Scary Monsters). If you get a chance, see a short film called "the Show" that's been making the rounds at the festivals (it's won a bunch of awards so far) that I did the music for.
I'm working on a solo cd at the moment. If I don't find a label for it, I might just put it out there on line for free.

Hi Guitarplayers :)

I have a simple Yamaha Pacifica 112 MX stratocopy with natur alder body:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

but I changed the original yamaha pickup to Seymour Duncan TB4. This is the new wiring :)

I using DIY poweramp and cabinet with Eminence speakers, and Digitech multieffect.

Diy Power Amplifier

Hi Stratofan
What is your DIY power Amplifier mosfet or tubes and how much wattage??. i am a fan of diy power amplifiers for (guitar rigs) mosfet types that is . Just put a all tube pre ampin front of it........no more el34 & 6l6 to replace.
I have a diy pre-amp by PAIA
and DOD eq unit feeding a Hafler p-500 watt power amplifier....i knowthe power amplifier is not diy ....but i got a good deal on ebay for it. Iam trying to make a power amplifier from a ELEKTOR ARTICLE IT HAS A OP-AMP FRONT END and mosfet output section

ps the PAIA PRE-AMP IS A sorta tube feed one 12xa7 stave tube thinggy
Dusk

I play a little bit of guitar and have an Martin D-15 acoustic, a Pimentel M1000 Deluxe classical and a USA std. strat (from the late '80s) but my pride and joy instruments are my viola and violin. The viola was made by John T. Honeycutt, a local maker in 1976.

The violin is much older, and is estimated to have been made somewhere between 1800 and 1850, probably in Germany or Austria. I found it at a yard sale in the late '80s and only recently had it restored to playing condition. Now I play on it regularly in a local orchestra.

I tried attaching the files, but was unable to do so. Here are links:

http://www.karlwinkler.com/Honeycutt Viola 22.jpg
http://www.karlwinkler.com/Old Violin.jpg

-Karl

hello DolbyR,

I do have a truss rod in there, otherwise it would be hard to adjust the neck afterwards. I did divide the neck into three parts and then glued them all together again (with the middle part reversed) to prevend bending.
At the moment, the only thing left to do is to level the frets and to make a decent nut,

Chris