Who made these early Peavey 6L6GC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another used Fender Super Twin from about 1976 just arrived with 6 "Peavey Super 6's Ruggedized Premium Selection tubes installed (well, removed and boxed for shipment to be exact).

I see some later Peavey Super 6's were Ruby. Any idea what these ones I got really are and who really made them? They don't look uite like any tubes I've seen before; not very big, straight sides, the silver getter is sprayed into the bottom of the envelope instead of the dome, dark phenolic plastic base, a dab of pink-flesh colored paint on the big keyed center pin. Maybe the unique mica top support is a clue? Maybe that's what makes them ruggedized?

If a pic would help identify the em I'll post one up...

Last edited:
Pics:

Attachments

• P1010101.JPG
    P1010101.JPG
    517.8 KB · Views: 150
  • P1010102.JPG
    P1010102.JPG
    599.1 KB · Views: 158
  • P1010103.JPG
    P1010103.JPG
    562.5 KB · Views: 150
PV buys tubes in huge amounts. SUper Sixes is just what they print on any 6L6 tube they sell. These days they shop at Ruby a lot, and Ruby might supply any number of sources. There is nothing special about the Ruby choice. PV used to sell domestic tubes, when they were still being made. PV sometimes sells JJ tubes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.