Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Pro reverb AA165 circuit low output from vibrato channel
Pro reverb AA165 circuit low output from vibrato channel
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2014, 03:32 PM   #1
luwiluwi is offline luwiluwi  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Pro reverb AA165 circuit low output from vibrato channel

I have a 1973 Fender Pro Reverb that has been reconfigured to AA165 blackface specs. Channel 1 works great, channel 2 has a weak output. This amp had been heavily modified by an amature experimenting with Torres mods. I removed all the mods and rewired to AA165 specs, but cannot get the second channel to work. Have done all of the troubleshooting to eliminate issues with tubes, swapping etc. I've traced all the wiring from point to point, swapped tubes, checked for shorts and grounds.
When plugged into channel 2, vibrato channel, I have a clean but very low output. Kind of like the preamp by itself, until I turn up the volume on Channel 1 and then it gets dirty and distorted, but nowhere near the gain that I should have. Turning up the volume pot for channel two does not vary the gain very much; I can take it to 10 and it's not much different than if it were at 3-4, which is barely louder than picking the strings on the guitar alone. Channel 1 at that volume can disturb the neighbors if the doors were open.

Pro reverb AA165 circuit low output from vibrato channelHide this!Advertise here!