Guitar amp kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You could get the Weber instructions and go to mableaudio.com, an Asian supplier out of china, $308 for a 5f6a chassis kit, or $358 assembled, plus probably about 100 bucks in shipping, and you can spend some money on some good paper in oil coupling caps and some carbon comps. They also sell 5f1, 5e3, JTM45, and 18Watt TMB kits, all for super cheap, if you can trust a Chinese company... there are other sites like this one, but this one I had heard somewhere about a man ordering a kit and being pleased. NOTE: these are purely loose part kits without a manual, I believe... Weber products are always great, and they're a trusted US company, not some no name chinese firm

mable vs weber

I bought my first kit from Mable It was a 5E3 and I was happy with it overall the transformers supplied in the kit are way over engineered suped it up with 6l6's ran ok at 30 watts changed the output tranny and was running 60 watts from original power tranny no probs, but i didna like the Chinese valves. if you are good with wood to make your own cabinet then Mables kits are ok.

when i bought this kit I looked at Ted Weber's kits too but they were then a bit over the top price wise. But I now realize that if you buy the whole kit from Weber including cab and speakers the price is actually quite good. speaker prices are heavily discounted for the kits and their cabs are prity good too.

My vote would go to Weber unless your real good a cabinetry.

soon as I sell my old Jansen 60, I'm going to by a Weber bassman combo.

I bought my first kit from Mable It was a 5E3 and I was happy with it overall the transformers supplied in the kit are way over engineered suped it up with 6l6's ran ok at 30 watts changed the output tranny and was running 60 watts from original power tranny no probs, but i didna like the Chinese valves. if you are good with wood to make your own cabinet then Mables kits are ok.

when i bought this kit I looked at Ted Weber's kits too but they were then a bit over the top price wise. But I now realize that if you buy the whole kit from Weber including cab and speakers the price is actually quite good. speaker prices are heavily discounted for the kits and their cabs are prity good too.

My vote would go to Weber unless your real good a cabinetry.

soon as I sell my old Jansen 60, I'm going to by a Weber bassman combo.

Hey, two things, do you think their 5f1 kit would be worth it if the transformers are as overspecced as your 5e3's were? Also, doesn't mable offer a 5e3 kit with cab?

I just purchased Weber kit (waiting for it) they do offer a complete kit. If I did it again I would probably go with the Boothill kit and piece out the rest of the parts. I went with the 5E3 prolux because I liked the speaker but do not need the power output so I will be adding power scaling. Also I will be upgrading caps and resistors. I will be also upgrading tubes but will test it with ones in the kit.

Bill

Hey, two things, do you think their 5f1 kit would be worth it if the transformers are as overspecced as your 5e3's were? Also, doesn't mable offer a 5e3 kit with cab?

I don't know about the 5F1 kit but ya can't beat mable on price.

and yes they do a Cab for the 5E3 now, but not when I bought mine, Not sure what wood they hav used in it and its Vinyl tweed.

I now buy most of my cabs from weber made to order in my colour scheme and they're better at it than me.

ya gets what ya pays for.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.