cad software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
. . . If I do it myself I can make the valve look any way I like.
Everybody has personal preferences for drafting styles, etc. Making your own symbols and pad stacks gives you flexibility to do this. For example,

• On the schematic you may include the heater within the tube symbol itself, or just show all the heaters connected on some convenient corner of the drawing.
  • You may prefer connections to screen and suppressor grids on the right-hand side of the pentode symbol, or the left.
  • (If the suppressor is internally connected, you may or may not show it on the symbol at all.)
  • On the PWB silkscreen pattern you might label all pin numbers - or only pin 1 - or none of them
  • Or etch the pin numbers into the solder-side copper rather than top-side silk
  • Or include the pins' functional connections ("P", "G", "K", etc) on the silk or copper
DIY projects are almost always an outlet for individual creativity and (up to a point) this personal expression is more significant to the builder than the personal time expended on a project. Learning to create and edit the library files lets you satisfy your creative urges.

Dale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.