Class B amp for Heavy Metal guitar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to make a 100W metal amplifier for guitar...for heavy metal. Do you know what the music signel strength versus time graph looks like for the heavyest death metal on the planet?

I am interested especially to see if it looks like a low frequency square wave with "fuzz" on top.

This probably needs to be moved to the Music Instruments section

Never paid much attention to this before, but below is what a raw recording of an extremely distorted guitar signal looks like. This was a Jackson guitar played through an all tube DIY amp through a WGS Veteran 12" speaker, recorded with a cheap Samson SM58 knockoff.

Best advice I can give is to find a band with a tone you like, and look at the gear they use. I'm not saying copy someone else's sound, just see what it takes to get in the realm you want to be in. Study the schematics of well known, respected super high gain amp heads. High gain guitar heads are not easy projects, they take quite a bit of skill to get working with low noise.

Attachments

• Distorted Guitar.png
    Distorted Guitar.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 81
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.