gibson ga79rtv

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i'm planning on replacing some of the caps in this amp. i have successfully replaced caps in a gibson skylark but this one is another kind of animal!

i'm unable to read the bottom of the filter cap to know which connections are proper. the can reads 80mf/450, 30/450, 20/450 and 40/150. the schematic shows two 20mf caps. if i'm correct, i think the 40/150 is proper and i could use two 20mf/200-250v in its place.

also, the yellow sprague cap is a 30mf/450v.

where would i find the proper replacements? so far, i believe i can easily find the rest of the electrolytics but, im not sure about these two situations.

i'm enclosing a picture of the can, separate sprague cap and the schematic.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

any suggestions are appreciated.
mikeB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.