First distortion pedal issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Attached is the circuit I am using for my first stomp box build. I've gotten rid of D1 and D2 and made D3 and D4 always switched in. At the moment its been built on the breadboard several times and I haven't been able to get any sound out of it :(. Any tips on how to fault find or anything that anyone can spot wrong with the circuit would be very much appreciated. Cheers

Attachments

• opamp.gif
    opamp.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 90
I agree that the schematic is vague , it doesn"t show how to get the Bias voltage , that has been left out of the schematic .....

Yeah, there's no indication where the 4.5V is supposed to come from. Connect the 1M resistor at the non-inverting (+) input on the opamp to the 9V rail and connect another one from the same input to ground.

You should get something out of it.

w

Thanks for your replies. Sorry I should have put the bias diagram on it too, here it is. I built the bias bit first and tested that out and the voltage does end up being 4.5v however, when I connect the op amp and test the voltage between pin 3 and ground it has dropped to 0.71v. Not sure if its supposed to do that because I am a complete beginner at this.

Attachments

• bias2.gif
    bias2.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 67
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.