Bass Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone. I come here from the video forum from this site because a friend of mine talked me into getting a bass. I am not a good bass player yet, cause I just started. I want to learn without spending much money, so I have my bass hooked up to my PC and surround sound system. Now, this is fine to my ears, but there's a half second delay between the bass and the speakers. I was wondering if anyone had any schematics for a bass amplifier that could be done with a spare subwoofer and $30. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

hi, sorry about the wait.

im in a band and as i have an electronic drum kit we all run our instruments though a standard amplfier - it works very well.

i would recomend making a gainclone type amplfier or simply going around second hand stored and buy one that fits within your price range.

hope this helps

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I had built a very nice bass amp using a TDA 7294 for my bass player. It kept right up with the acoustic drumset and our little 20 watt practice amps, wasn't good enough for bigger things like shows, but not bad for home practice.

As a guideline, the bass should have about 2x the power of the lead / rythm guitarist to be able be heard, if you're talking hard rock. For other music forms it depends on how loud other instruments are, but 2x is a good rule of thumb.

This is because bass takes much more power to achieve similar SPL. Of course, this is again for live concerts/home practice. when recording mostly bass can be recorded through a DI box and do not need amps (again, no fixed rules, but this is generally what happens)...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.