Soundtracs Solitaire Console Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any interest in a complete set of schematics for a SoundTracs Solitaire recording console? It' vintage 1992 or so, and at the time was one of the only large format desks out there that had automation and dynamics on every channel that was priced under 100 grand...

Lots of stuff in there:- Metering, EQs, summing, dynamics and VCA boards etc

Soundtracs are now defunct (well became DigiCo after a buyout), and no longer have any interest in, or support for, old analog consoles. As such I'd consider them "Abandonware", but since I'm new here I'd rather not just post them up without interest and approval.

They came from my owner's manual and I scanned the whole lot into to PDF, edited in acrobat and made them somewhat searchable. There's the regular user instructions included.

Any takers? Is it even ok to post talk such as this?

Hi Diginerd / everybody. I saw the pics for your Solitaire, Diginerd - impressive. I now only consider getting a pre-loved desk if I can get the schematics for it first. Like my little DDA Interface which I'm currently servicing and upgrading (new ICs etc). I'd be very interested in your Solitaire schematics, as I'm considering a larger format desk in the future. And like I say: No service manual - no desk!!!

Hi Jonesyt. Yes, I followed the link to your website in an earlier post of yours, and had a good look around, before leaving my own post here. Some nice Soundtracs info... I had only recently had my interest sparked up by seeing an ad for a 24 channel Solitaire (I don't really have the space for anything larger - neither do I need all the inputs...) in a Larkings List mailshot. It did wet my appetite a bit! IF I was going to get one in the next couple of years perhaps, a 24 input channel strip version with a few faults would be ideal. Nice and cheap because of the faults, and those faults would soon be dealt with by me!! Call me Mr Frugal, but that's how I prefer to do these things. I can also clear up anything else I don't like about the design, construction and previous repairs it may have suffered from while I'm fixing it. This was certainly the case with the DDA desk, although I guess a bit more will have been put into the Solitaire desks judging by the five figure price tag they garnered when they were first produced.
I may still contact you though, especially if I don't hear from Diginerd. This is another reason I like service manuals - I do like to know what's going on 'under the hood' before I consider the fiscal outlay. Especially concerning semis (ICs, transistors etc). My experience of industry and its electronic products is one of excessive penny pinching, and although I can relate to that ideology from a business point of view, I certainly don't want to be on the receiving end of it! Cheap (and nasty) ICs are a popular corner cut, which is a constant source of irritation for me.
I was able to download the DDA Interface's service manual/ schematics from Midas Klark Teknik's website. MKT took over the defunct DDA brand and have been really good about supplying the tech info for the desks still used out there, as well as taking over the stocks of the spares (especially custom components like rotary pot knobs, which I've already ordered from them). That's why I got one. Are you saying that you have spare parts on site that I could purchase too if I owned a Solitaire?

Hi MB
Interesting stuff , thing is if your looking for a desk thats had a thrashing ( cheap) I would steer well clear of "bargain price " SOLITAIRES and Jades , there is a ton of processing going on "under the hood" and you will be in deep water trying to get those "bells and whistles" singing away , there are very few IC holders and the comp' insertion techniques used make it VERY difficult to get components out , you will need decent electric desolder machine for a start off > If your looking for a trashed analogue "production" desk to "get your teeth into" go for the IN LINE or QUARTZ , MEGAS ,Pc Midi , MRX they are much more "fixer friendly " Best of luck
tim

hi I am wondering if your service manual has any drawings of the digital circuits or p.c.b.s they are great desks but digital servicing is a nightmare as my manual and Jonesyt Have no digital details we have looked all over but the books included with the desks just do not have them and this can cause the mutes to fail and not be repairable without detailed digital circuits.
Best regards,
Mike Baker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.