Post Your Pics of Store-Bought Instruments/Amps Here

Ampeg

I have a half dozen different bits of kit having played bass for over 40 years now. But about the only piece of electronics I own which I jealously guard and almost never take out of the house is a completely stock Ampeg B-15N I bought used back around 1972. These little flip-top amps are amazing tone monsters if you go in for that classic round and tubby 15" portaflex 70's rock sound. I'm at the point where I'm due in for a complete overhaul and was thinking (after talking to a few other Ampeg owners) about springing for a replacement Mecury Magnetics AB15-O transformer. Does anybody here have any opinions about Mercury Magnetics products? I've seen good reviews in various music sites. But I was wondering if the folks here who know electronics or have direct experience with Mercury would care to chime in? I know a bit about amps. Mostly haphazard info that I've picked up over the years. But I still see myself as a rank beginner when it comes to intelligently evaluating something like a new transformer. Anybody up for sharing what you know about any of this?

The "DANOCASTER" looks great! That headstock with the backwards F is hilarious and reminds me of my '70s Fernandes "lawsuit" strat clone (I bought it in the 90s not knowing the history) - everything was copied from the original Fender at the time, including the three-bolt neck attachment. Here's the headstock:
fernandes_450.jpg

Soviet Russian Guitar

Aelita Soviet Russian guitar.

This thing is cool in a cheezy way...

Much work to get it into playable condition.
Level finger board, complete re-fret, new bridge and whammy, fabricate nut/string guide, new tuners.

Electronics all original.

Sounds awesome thru a Blackstar Club 40!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    872.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    818.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    715.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    901.2 KB · Views: 397
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 408
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 418
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 437
"I'm a Yamaholic when it comes to guitars, amps and bikes.
Please look, enjoy and comment as you please."

Hmmmm....interesting. I can't stand Yamaha acoustic guitars---I've played many and they all sound like cardboard sh*t to me--totally lifeless. ANY Taylor guitar in a similar price range is WAY better!

I can't stand Yamaha acoustic guitars---I've played many and they all sound like cardboard sh*t to me--totally lifeless. ANY Taylor guitar in a similar price range is WAY better!
And I have exactly the opposite opinion - to me many Taylor guitars sound far too bright and tinny, like tin cans with strings on them, while Yamahas tend to have a warmer, much more musical, much more attractive, more Martin-like sound. Especially at the lower price end of the ranges, the Yamahas sound far better to me.

I did like some things about the Taylor 814CE I tried in a music store a while ago. It was well made, and had nice playability and action. But the 800 series Taylors are quite expensive, and that is a lot of money to pay for a guitar that only has some likeable things about it.

Everyone has an opinion when it comes to what sounds good, and I guess everyone is entitled to theirs. In the big picture, Taylor vs Yamaha acoustic guitar tone is hardly a major issue. Add in the variables of different types of strings, picks, and playing styles, and there is really not much left to argue about. Give me an overly bright Taylor, and I will find a way to modify my playing technique and guitar pick to get an acceptably warm tone out of it.

On the other hand, the fact that Taylor Swift - a woman who, without Autotune, couldn't find a note with a flashlight and a map - is as popular and successful as she is, now that is a Taylor-related issue to choke on! :D

-Gnobuddy

My instruments:

Fender Squier/90's Peavey Duel 212 classic tube amp (120 watts)
Vito Sax
Clarinet
60's Kay 6 string
40's Harmony Patrician, with violin -type top
Applause Model AA15 American-made 12 string acoustic

Just sold:
Hammond A-100 + Leslie 222 speaker

1964-sg-custom-with-orignal-case.JPG

My love... monster tone, good for cleans, loved it.
But the problem is dad sold it a year ago and I was bonded to it.
I will probably get over it one day

IMG_20170411_153356.jpg

Okay guitar... works fine for me, but not as close like custom...
It's a wonderful guitar but it has a problem with muffled tone, midrange was never clean enough for me...