Post your DIY Musical Instruments/Amps here!

here's a junkbox guitar amp I built for my nephew a while back. two stages of 12ax7 and 6aq5 SE power stage. controls are gain, tone stack, and volume.

Attachments

• IMG_20120406_183047.jpg
    IMG_20120406_183047.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: 1 user
Build Diary: The FTLecaster

Building the FTLecaster: Conversion of a Telecaster clone into a dual Quad Rail/dual output music generating machine. Not so much in the way of technical detail, but rather documenting the thinking behind the design and building processes before, and problem solving during, the build. Plenty of photos in the PDF, plus a 5 minute goof in MP3 to try to show what can be done with two simultaneous outputs.

The build: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52918987/FTLecaster.pdf

The sample: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52918987/FTL%20sample.mp3

one of my things

I found an old non working wooden Ekco radio model A147 for five quid at a junk shop so I gutted it and turned it into a general purpose battery powered speaker using a Kemo M034N module.

Can be used for line or headphone level amplification such as MP3 player etc. I often run a little guitar amp head through it at home.

Runs all day on a charge no problem. Not exactly loud but fun and useful. Will replace the 6" speaker with an 8" one eventually.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Did not have a picture of the back so I took these today, spring is here and have to make the most of the snow (no hard feelings when it is gone). A little too much glare off the snow on the body. The bridge is actually a little darker than the fretboard. Wish I would have used gloss not satin. Next one.

Walnut%202%2012s_zpslyipdx56.jpg

And the front for the heck of it.

Walnut%202%2011s_zpsei1aqpvh.jpg

A DIY Midi Controller

Harmonix Rockband II game controller with new electronics and software.
It's not a guitar -- it's a bunch of buttons shaped like a guitar.
We call it the Buttar.

10 pressure sensitive frets.
Bidirectional flipper for strum and arpeggio.
Whammy bar in continuous or interval mode.
5 way selector switch effects the notes and chords.
Elaborate on-board chord and scale software.
USB interfaced and powered -- lowish latency.
Optional Windows PC control screen.
Works well with Reason + VSTSynthFont(w/FluidR3) + Amplitube + ASIO4ALL

Attachments

• buttar0_front.png
    buttar0_front.png
    306.7 KB · Views: 112
  • buttar1_guts.png
    buttar1_guts.png
    670.4 KB · Views: 135
  • buttar2_schem.png
    buttar2_schem.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 141