6n6p tube as output tube for small guitar amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tubes of any nationality / origin not sound good because not properly used.

Clearly sir -- I did not mean to misspeak -- sorry if I offended.

Could you please comment on the Firefly design using Russian tubes? What tube would you recommend for the cascoded portion of the amp? What component changes would you recommended to use the recommended tube. thx much!

I would recommend you Sir to start from learning curves you may find online. Draw load lines, calculate and draw transfer functions, and see how you may tweak them in order to get desirable results.

Here are some curves for 6N2P:

6n2p_2.gif

6N1P:

6n1p_2.gif

6N23P:

6n23p_2.gif

6N6P:

6n6p_2.gif

Last edited:
for those of you who are interessted in the schematic for the 6n6p puspull circuit.

german pdf, circuit inside

i found this schematic months ago on the internet. so it´s not mine.

due to the fact that i am still a beginner to the tube business these was my
first project wich ended with success.

all in all i learnd some things from this circuit.

for the first time i used a 1609 hammond opt 10kohm.
now i am using a 16kohm transformer.

from what i learned i am a little bit confused about the phase-splitter part above.
a typical long taild phase splitter looks different.
at the moment i play with ltspice to simulate other phase splitter.

please could anyone explain me the 200ohm resistor near the speaker,
for what is this good for ?

cheers

p.s.:
there are some bugs inside the pdf. i contacted the author but due to a lack of time he is not able to fix the document.

Last edited:
from what i learned i am a little bit confused about the phase-splitter part above.
a typical long taild phase splitter looks different.
at the moment i play with ltspice to simulate other phase splitter.

It is a typical LTP, but with a self- bias.

please could anyone explain me the 200ohm resistor near the speaker,
for what is this good for ?

It protects output tranny when speaker is suddenly disconnected.

Once again -- sorry to offend -- I am old school -- I use the word "sir" *only* out of respect. Perhaps it has other connotations on this site. My apologies once again.

I will follow your suggestion. Once I have made these comparisons -- would it be appropriate to return to this thread and ask kindly for your guidance? thx for your responces.

Also interested in the 6n6p

I am also looking for a 6n6p firefly type amp. I just picked up a PCB for the firefly from Ron Neely. So I will do a straight build to give a reference, but would like to try the Russian tubes also.

Wavebourn said:
Speaking of guitar amp, Gregg's amp is very well designed. I recommend you to build it as is.
I am not framiliar with Gregg or the amp in question (new in town) but would be interested in taking a look!

I also attempted to click on the link "german pdf, circuit inside" that jungle1971 put up here but all I got was a spam filter going nuts.

If there has been any progress on this thread I would be very interested in it. I am going to get a 1 watt or less amp built in the very near future and this looks like a good way to go.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.