Setar Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just been given a Setar http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setar. What I would like to do is to get a tube amp to use for amplification when I practice. I was thinking a tube guitar amp from ebay should do the trick if I voice it to remove the deliberate guitar amps distortion to make the amp more honest to the sound of Setar which should be free of distortion. Could anyone feedback or give me some advice? I will be needing a pick-up as well to feed the sound from the instrument to the amp but don't quite know where to look. This is my first project of this sort. I am otherwise fairly handy with tube equipment mods repairs etc.

Peace and Love

Seraph

Thanks Nigel. I actually played around with a couple of different amps this past weekend with good results through a small BLH single FR driver. That is good for now. The guitar amp idea seemed both frugal and less weight and pieces to carry. I have been looking at acoustic amps as well. They are not too expensive.

Regards

Seraph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.