Grounding for Mixer and Bipolar Power Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a question on grounding for a mixer and power supply rolled into one unit. I built the mixer from http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Circuits/Audio/6ipmix.htm, stuck it in an aluminum lunch pail and have been using batteries.

I want to get away from having to use batteries now and was looking to use the bipolar power supply at General Guitar Gadgets.

I have a feeling that I should be using a 3-prong power cord and grounding the ground somewhere for safety reasons. How would I go about setting the cord up along with the power supply schematic and combining the 6-input mixer into one enclosure?

So, would I ground the case from the power cord? Will that affect that 0v from the power supply? Should the opamps' ground be at the 0v or the ground from the power cord? Same for the input/output jacks and the metal casing on the potentiometers?

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.