Help me out with my organ to guitar amp conversion, please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, I'm converting a Hammond AO-35 to a Dr. Z Carmen Ghia.

This is my first build/conversion, so I need a little help. I stripped out the circuit board for the parts, and went to remove all the wires from the tube sockets to clean them up, but then realized I didn't know which power transformer wires were which from the schematic. It doesn't list what colors go where, so I just left it as is.

Here's what you guys have to help me double check:
disregarding the parts, are these schematics the same as far as PT and OT wiring goes?

Also, do those "V"s on the EL84's mean that "4" and "5" are wired together?

AO35.jpg

carmenghiaschematicfv5.jpg

Another quick question, how exact must I be in replacing caps and resistors as according to the parts list in the "notes" section?

David E H said:

Also, do those "V"s on the EL84's mean that "4" and "5" are wired together?

The "V" represent the tube heaters. To connect them, look up the pin numbers on the bottom left hand side of the schematic, and wire them in parallel to the 6.3V winding of the output transformer where it says "6.3 V to heaters".

The 12AX7/Ecc83 tube can be wired for either 12.6V or 6.3V, so the heaters must be connected in parallel (pins 4 and 5 together) and then connect 4/5 and 9 to the 6.3V transformer winding. Similarly for the 5751 tubes.

Hope this helps,

Re: Re: Help me out with my organ to guitar amp conversion, please.

korneluk said:

The "V" represent the tube heaters. To connect them, look up the pin numbers on the bottom left hand side of the schematic, and wire them in parallel to the 6.3V winding of the output transformer where it says "6.3 V to heaters".

The 12AX7/Ecc83 tube can be wired for either 12.6V or 6.3V, so the heaters must be connected in parallel (pins 4 and 5 together) and then connect 4/5 and 9 to the 6.3V transformer winding. Similarly for the 5751 tubes.

Hope this helps,

Ah, yes....that helps very much. Thanks so much.

Okay, so do I wire according to the numbers on the tube sockets, or is each tube different in numbering? Maybe I'm over thinking it.

Like, the tube sockets are numbered going clockwise 1-8, but in the tube diagram, the pins are out of order. Is that just for diagramming reasons, or do I have to actually wire them out of order?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.