Evolution MK-7 midi keyboard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The "Evolution MK-7" midi keyboard is equipped with a MIDI OUT Connector, for connecting directly to PC sound card game port.
I want to connect the keyboard to input MIDI-IN a musical instrument equipped with DIN connector.
I wish assistance consisting in:
-What are the terminals used the connector's MK-7, for connecting to the computer, which is their significance,
-Schematic diagram of a device that allows interconnection mentioned, placed between the output of MK-7 and DIN input from musical instrument.
Thank you.

Attachments

• mk7detail.jpg
    mk7detail.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 90
Hello,

I understand that the keyboard has the 15-pin connector on it? Probably the male connector?
For the 'normal' MIDI pinouts and converter see the following site: http://www.midi.org/about-midi/electrical.shtml This would apply to the converter used to connect to a PC.
If you want to connect to the keyboard (with the 15-pin connector) you should keep in mind that the data inputs and outputs on the 15-pin connector should probably be swapped as they are now relative to the device normally connecting to the PC. Also there is a big chance that the 5V power used by the converter is not present at the connector. You should therefore use some kind of external power supply for that.

Regards,

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.