Phonic Max250 or Behringer A500 for speakers 93db??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Still can't make my mind up on which power amp to buy.

1) Phonic Max250 - 60 watts x 2 at 8 ohms (will be buying 2 amps to upgrade with X-over at a later date).

2) Behringer A500 - 160 watts x 2 at 8 ohms (2 again amps again)

As my Kipsch F-1 are so sensitive maybe I get away with the Phonic amps and save myself 180 USD.

Time is ticking as my local store os offering 25% off with my bank visa on Tuesday!!

:bawling:

I have no idea re the Phonic, but all else being equal, more power is not a bad thing.

My forthcoming speakers are more sensitive than yours, and I am specifying more power than this to get the clean peak levels I desire on occasion.

Don't forget the active xover.

Hi there Brett,

Can´t find 1 single review on the phonic.
Kinda strange as I understand this company has been around for some time.

I like the slim design on the phonic but concerned about the power output. Hard to imagine there is a power transformer inside considering how slim it is.

Hi!

Brit01 said:
Hi there Brett,

Can´t find 1 single review on the phonic.
Kinda strange as I understand this company has been around for some time.

I like the slim design on the phonic but concerned about the power output. Hard to imagine there is a power transformer inside considering how slim it is.

It is very simple class"H".

Older brother is MAR1.Great Amp. low profile!

Regards zeoN_Rider

Why on Earth would anyone build a 60 watt class H amp, unless they wanted a long run time off batteries?

Could you elaborate on your comment?

Sorry for my ignorance. I am just learning about the different classes of amps and tranformers. A newbie with a lot to learn.

Would this 60 watt (8 ohm) amp not perform well? What would be the consequences or typical use of this type of amp??

Cheers

Brit01 said:

Would this 60 watt (8 ohm) amp not perform well? What would be the consequences or typical use of this type of amp??

Cheers

It would perform perfectly well. Class H reduces waste heat. But a 60 watt amp doesn't generate enough of that to get upset about. It does cost a little more to implement, and all other things eqaul, won't sound quite as good as the same amp in class B (AB).

Hi!

Why not? look att. 200VA/4 x 22V, each.

Regards zeoN_Rider

Attachments

• torus.jpg
    torus.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 138
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.