Here"s a Simple 14w-32w Guitar amp I designed....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks, I just thought I would share this design for a small guitar amp...It is a very simple design but it sounds great and gets very loud and has some very cool overdrive/Distortion sounds but also does clean very niceley....

It uses either a TDA2030 or 2040, 0r 2050 or LM1875 for the power stage and a basic dual Fet input opamp for the preamp...It has Gain,Tolume and Tone controll and has 3 sets of Switchable Clipping diodes so you can customize the type of Crunch you want....

I don"t have a schematic handy as I allways design useign my memory as opposed to writeing up a schematic and designing the PCB from there....It is basicly a gain stage (up to 250) with the Cliping diodes and then another Gain stage (10X) and then a One knob tone controll and a Volume controll and the standard TDA Datasheet implementation of the TDA chip....

The PSU power amp and PREamp are all on the Same Small PCB so it should be very easy to build (Mine took a Day) and it sounds freaking awesome through a good speaker....

any comments or questions are wellcome and if someone desperately needs a schematic I can probably cobble a half ****d one together for you....

This can be built with probably less than $20 in parts minus the Power transformer,heatsink , speaker and Chassis....

Cheers

32w-amp-Inst.jpg

Hi...The Tone controll seems to have quite a range ,It is quite trebely at full and quite bassy at Low ,I tried a few Different types of single knob tone controlls and this one seemed to be the best trade off....

You could of cource wire up offboard tone controlls if you want a 3 band or something...it would be quite easy to do on a seperate piece of PCB or wired P2P and then connected to the PCB.....

The Opamps that are suitable would be any Dual Jfet opamp like the TL072 or OPA2134/2137 but there are many others that can be used.....

Cheers

PS: let me know how it turns out!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.