My 66 Fender bassman tube guitar amp is cutting out intermittently and is making a bl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
blip blip blip sounds like some sort of power supply problem, it's trying to "motorboat". I would bet that the problem is elsewhere and some other portion of the amp is drawing too much current. Look for a bad coupling cap first. It seems like I've had a resistor in the power supply cause that problem before too but it also was caused by some other problem which caused it to see too much current.

I read somewhere that if a cap has a resistance over 350k that it is leaky is there any truth to this? And if not is there any bulletproof way to test for leakage. BTW I've also heard that if you put AC or DC current through I can't remember what kind or even how much if there is current going through the cap it is leaky. Any help getting to the bottom of this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.