Blown up GK 800rb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is just a question fishing to see if there's anything else that can be done.

I was playing through my GK 800 rb. It blew a fuse and magic smoke was released. I took it in to have a tech take a look at it. He called and told me everything on the output section went bad. $450 to fix. I'm not going to have it repaired at this price. However, I'm wondering if this price is in line with what it should be. He did say that most of the parts are rare/hard to find.

Any thoughts.

gallian krueger

Hallo,

and sorry for my poor and bad english.

a few years ago i ve tried to repair an gallien krueger guitar amplifier, the power section. i ve replaced the defect powercurcuits but, its blown again.....something at the inputscurcuits mst be defect!

have you searched
http://www.gallien-krueger.com/support_service.html
to find a good gallian krueger supported repair shop?
mybe you can get a good repair offer, gallien krueger are respectiv quit good stuff for musical instruments....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.